Friday, May 11, 2007

Another 2.2 pounds off! I was so surprised and pleased, as it had been only four days since my last weigh-in. That means I'm down 9.6 pounds since my original first day at WW on February18--yahoo! At 190, I'm now teetering on the brink of both the 180's and 10 pounds down--those are milestones.
I'm bringing the dessert to Alison's on Mother's Day, and asked for WW suggestions. The lecturer, Christine (a terrific young woman) told me about a trifle made with "soda cake" and fat-free pudding and Cool Whip. Sounds great, I bought the ingredients and decided to add a banana. I won't tell the others it's a WW recipe. Will report back on how it was received and how it tastes.
Still searching for a spring jacket, I went to Kohl's, but didn't see anything. Went home and got some of our closet (walk-in, which means I use it to stash away all kinds of crap) cleared out.
Didn't get the perm. April, my hairdresser, and I conferred and decided there was enough curl in there to get through to the wedding.
Got a call from niece Joan asking if she and Jim could pick us up for the wedding. They'll be in their house in Leesburg and Larry and I will be at the Hampton Inn about 15 miles away. It will be nice for all of us to go together.
The new oxygen supplier delivered yesterday. I hope this outfit will be more responsive than Apria. Also, I hope the portable unit will last a reasonable amount of time; I'm a little worried about that, but Pat will try it today.
I had salmon again for dinner last night, along with a large sweet potato. I had polished off a big serving of brussel sprouts for a snack earlier. I'm lucky in that I love veggies and often have broccoli, a salad, or the aforementioned goodie for snacks. Gave Pat a chicken pot pie.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

You and Rich are so much alike. He loves Brussel Spouts. If it weren't for him, I'd be living on subs and tasty cakes.
You are in line for your red ribbon at WW....do they still give them at every 10 lb loss? You are doing so well.

When is the wedding and where? Is Pat able to travel? Handicapped room? Or would the whole thing be too much for him?

Mimi said...

The wedding is at 5 pm in Wasington, D.C., with reception after in the historic (and pricey) Mayflower Hotel. Pat would really find it almost impossible to travel that far, especially by car. In truth, he isn't very anxious to go to fancy affairs, anyway; would much rather hang out at the bay with his cronies. I love all kinds of new experiences and, frankly, he doesn't and never did, even when he was well.

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...