Sunday, May 13, 2007

Drove south yesterday to go to the Longport Historical Society's flea market. However, they weren't selling anything historical, just the usual yard sale stuff. I picked up two porcelain platters I may put on the dining room table as a change from the things I have there now.
Brother Larry called and we discussed our joint trip to Virginia and D.C. Chatted with SIL Helen for a few minutes; she's doing well after her recent knee surgery.
Other than that, it was a quiet day. I tried on the new outfits with the hat (looks good), but can't decide whether to wear the one with the slacks (they're slinky, dressy ones) or the dress. Trouble is, I don't really want to keep both outfits. They were pretty pricey and I know they're going to be too big very soon and they're dressy. I need a dressy outfit about twice a year, if that, so I may never wear either of them. Hmm...maybe I'll try to find another dress for the wedding and return both of them after the fashion show.
Was so pleased when Patrick called last night to wish me a happy Mother's Day. I didn't realize they had Mother's Day in Japan, but he said they do. He's settling into his new job at the university, but says about every minute of his time is scheduled.
Hope this WW dessert I'm trying for the first time is going to work out. I'm trying to figure out how to keep it cool on the hour trip to Alison's.

1 comment:

iloveac said...

Free advice from Lucy: Wear the one that makes you feel the snazziest. After all you'll be in the Mayflower.

Comfort for regular days....snazzy, sexy, slinky for all others. You'll get snazzy and slinky from the clothes and sexy from telling yourself..."damm, I look good".
That'll be 5 cents, please.

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...