Sunday, December 03, 2006

Yesterday, Alison came down and did a tremendous amount of work for us in a few hours. She dug holes and planted seven mums; carried a number of heavy items (boxes from the guest room, the front porch furniture, and an iron and stone table) from the house to the garage or vice versa; filled the bird feeders; hung wreaths on the garage lights; and performed various other chores quickly, expertly, and--most important--happily and cheerfully. She stayed long enough to have lunch, and left about 3:00, as she and Mike were going to their running club Christmas party in Cherry Hill last night and she had to make a dish to bring.
Earlier, Susan, Barb H., and I went to the craft fair. They had such beautiful Christmas things--all handmade and exquisite--but, having been clearing out and getting rid, I resisted the impulse to buy things you can't eat. Bought some jalopeno* salsa (spicy, so it sure isn't for Pat or me) and two small loaves of onion cheese bread for when M. and P. are here.
Last night, went with Leslie, Dennis, and Barbara D. to "Journey of the Kings" at St. Theresa's and enjoyed it. It's more an operetta than anything else, I think, and included some wonderfully sung songs.
Didn't get home until NINE THIRTY, which means I didn't get to bed until ten--yes, I know I'm leading a wild life sure to set me on the road to ruin, but I can't help myself, can't stop, can't get off this crazy merry-go-round that's called "Life in Little Egg Harbor--Embrace It If You Dare."
*Those computer geeks on this blog all failed tenth-grade English. They know "jalopeno" is misspelled, but suggest "xylophone"--idiots!

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...