Sunday, December 17, 2006

This'll be a quickie, as I slept late (late for me: 6:20) because I stayed up until almost 10 to watch "The Roloffs: Little People, Big World" last night. I want to walk with Susan as we do most days, because I probably won't while my company is here. Yesterday was a phone day: Lots of calls in and out, including to daughters Alison and Ellen, sister Betty, friends Leslie, Barbara D., and others. Alison and maybe Mike B. will be down today and we'll go to Long Beach Island to rent a crib, then they'll move a few things for me.
Spent several hours wrapping presents; not quite finished but pretty close. Think I'll call out for dinner, so I can clear the decks to color my hair tonight. Discovered we had already eaten the pot roast, so had hot dogs and beans last night. They were actually pretty good.
The cleaners are coming at 8:00 am tomorrow, then I'll do last minute things; Mike's plane gets in about 8 pm, so they should be here by 10 or so. Hmm...maybe I can work in a nap today.
I hope nothing comes up to mess up all these elaborate plans for Christmas, birthday, having the kids here, grand- and great-grandchildren, etc.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

By the by... your son (and family's) plane gets in at 5:30pm - so, he should be there by 8pm or so... all ready for some piping hot Nana Mix which little preshy has been told about...

Mimi said...

Ha, ha. I put on the calendar "Mike in 8 pm," then couldn't remember if that's the time your plane gets in or if you get here then. Now I know--good.

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...