Friday, December 08, 2006

The Christmas house tour yesterday was terrific; I think better than last year. The homes included a tiny, but lovely "stilt" house on the water, two stunners in Sea Oaks, and a charming house in the woods on Nugentown Road. They were all different, but all beautiful. Each room in the latter had been decorated by a different person--not professionals, but friends of the owner--with their own collections, supplemented with things from Habitat for Humanity. What a neat idea! I told the decorators I had just donated loads of Christmas stuff to H for H, so maybe I'd see some of it--I didn't, though.
I had planned to get some shopping done today, but Mary Ann Van O. called to see if I could go to lunch next week and every day is booked, so I suggested today. (I'll always accept an invitation and put off chores.) If she gets back from Bart's doctor appointment in time, we'll go.
Tomorrow is the tree-lighting ceremony at Judy's and Sunday is the "big" SB holiday party. Got a message from Viv asking if I could meet her for dinner on Monday, and I'm looking forward to that, too, so, yes, things heat up this time of year--yay!

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...