Monday, December 18, 2006

Alison and Mike came down yesterday about 11:00 and I met them on LBI (Long Beach Island for the uninitiated) to pick up the crib. They didn't bring the pickup, but put it on the car rack, so it worked out well. All went without a hitch, aside from a minor one: After we got the crib, I told A. and M. I'd stop and get a crib sheet, then meet them back at the house. Went to 3 different jam-packed, noisy stores beore I finally found one. When I got home, A., M., and Pat were having lunch. They then dressed in running gear and ran roughly 24 miles to the end of Seven Bridges Road and back. After that, they moved the beds in the guest room, transported the stone table from the porch back to the garage, and got the extra kitchen chairs down--all this briskly and cheerfully, never giving the impression it was an imposition. What a dynamic duo! We're so lucky to have them!
Lucky to have the rest of the Fab Four, too: The Singapore contingent will be here about 8:00 pm and California girl tomorrow night at Alison's, Wednesday down to our place. Yay!

3 comments:

iloveac said...

I'm even more confused. Reading your blog I thought they were coming in last night..Sunday. I was already vicariously celebrating all your joy.

I assume you'll be too busy to write into your blog...but you could take a minute to jot down a line or two. After all, I've been with you as you shopped and decorated... and even to LBI via your blog. So, enjoy every minute of it and I feel certain you will.

Off to Domino Lane.

Mimi said...

Patsy, honey, I'm sorry! (Does anybody call you Patsy?) I write in the morning so, yes, they're coming on Monday, the 18th, in about 3 hours from the time I'm writing now because it's 5 pm. Geesh, even I'm getting confused. Anyway, all is in readiness and I'm going to call out for dinner (the chicken place)so I don't have to cook--at least until they get here. Now WHY the identical entry is in twice I have no idea.
Hugs, Rosemary

iloveac said...

Yes, I was always Patsy to my family and school friends. Cousins still call me Patsy. Problem is my brother Frank married a Pat and their daughter is a Pat...but I insist I was the first. Rich has always called me Patti and so do his kids. And I am GrandmaPatti to Brooke and Trevor. Anyhow, enjoy each arrival to your home. And in case you are so 'partied out' by the 21st.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Love,Patsy

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...