Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Nice, but relatively uneventful day yesterday. Drove to both Mays Landing malls and Manahawkin shopping centers and got various things, including my long-sought apple corer.
Big news is today is my baby's birthday. He turned 40 and now I no longer have any children in their 30's--(sigh). Called him at home in Singapore only to have his Paula say he was in Hong Kong. Called him there and found him at the Mandarin Oriental and we talked for a long time. Unfortunately, he told me he has conjunctivitis; went to the doctor who prescribed several medications he must use. Worse news is it's highly contagious. Because he has to be back in Hong Kong next week, he may just stay there rather than risk infecting Vivian. I was pleased to hear that his brother, Patrick, e-mailed him birthday wishes.
Just interrupted this to go with Pat to the mechanic's, also named Pat. His car's alternater seems to be malfunctioning--we'll see after if's evaluated.
Planning chicken pot pie for dinner, along with baked apples. Have still more errands to run--par for the course this time of year, but nothing urgent. Women's Club holiday party tomorrow; will go with Barb H. and Susan.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...