Saturday, December 16, 2006

The session with the dermatologist yesterday wasn't bad, after all. The area on Pat's neck was numbed and he didn't feel a thing. He even talked to the nurse and doctor throughout the removal. We then went over to the Boscov mall--the receptionist said they'd call after the biopsy to tell us if he needed to come back to have more taken out--and ate the lunch I had packed in the parking lot. (Ha, ha, did I actually pack lunch in the parking lot? Goes to show how a misplaced clause can confuse.)
When the cell phone rang, I assumed it was the doctor's office, but it was my darling niece, Joan, just calling to say hello. We had a lovely chat and I caught up on all their news. Later, we were told the biopsy was fine, so Pat won't go back until December 27. We were given prescriptions for an antibiotic and pain-killer, but Pat said not to bother with the pain-killer.
Pat went down the bay after I got home and I spent two hours finally getting the Christmas cards finished; even went to the post office to mail them. For dinner, I served pork chops (I breaded them first), potatoes au gratin, baked apple, and peas, popping all but the peas in the oven--and it was darn good, if I say it myself.
Got a call from Mike last night, just checking up, I guess, to be sure all was in readiness for their arrival. It is--or will be--so I reassured him. Also had the pleasure of hearing Vivian sing "Jingle Bells"--I think.
Later, received a call from neighbor Barbara D., inviting us to a pizza party on the 19th. I said we'd go and--not sure, but maybe--our company will, too. Asked Barb if I could use her refrig for the turkey to thaw, as I know we won't have room here and they'll be in NC for Christmas.
Today, I want to put something in the crockpot for dinner--maybe the pot roast in the freezer--then wrap presents, and finish up any last-minute items.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...