Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The perm turned out great and April (my hairdresser) gave me permission to wash and color it tomorrow. I ain't no shrinkin' violet, but hairdressers always intimidate me because I know nothing about hair--especially my hair--and I never knew how to style it myself. It was always fine, but thick--typical Byrne hair--and now it's fine and thin (sigh).
Got packages for California wrapped and will send today. Just in case a certain someone reads this, the one in the package for her is her birthday present--the Christmas one is coming, I hope before December 25th.
Alison called last night to say she and Mike will be down with the pickup on Sunday to help with any last-minute things. I've decided after all to rent a crib; the portable one is probably okay, but I'm afraid it's small, plus the mattress is very thin. A. and M. will pick up the crib in the--well, the pickup.
After 3 evenings of being out for dinner, I made Pat chicken drumsticks, stuffing, potatoes, and creamed corn last night. 'Twas good and 'twas topped off by homemade pumpkin pie, which I had frozen at Thanksgiving.
Today, I have a Drama Club meeting for we four directors. I really want to drop this, much as I hate to do it to Marge. It's so damn much work and, although I love the fun and excitement of the actual show, it may not be worth it in terms of the months of preparation. I've thought of saying I just want to step down as a director, but I'm afraid I'd find it hard to relinguish the directing, and that would still mean I'd have to be there for rehearsals. One of the things I really dislike is that we meet at 1:30, which just kills the whole day. I've been active in the group for the 3 years we've lived here and think I've just gone dry on it. Well, we'll see.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...