Saturday, December 23, 2006

Well, this is going to be a quick skim-over of the last 5 days because the joint is still jumpin' and we have lots to do. The Singapore gang blew in about 7:30 on Monday; Tuesday, we went out and got the most beautiful tree, the fullest and most symmetrical I've ever seen. Mike had to cut some off to fit under our 9-foot ceilings. California girl Ellen got in Tuesday night, but very late to Alison's as her first plane was delayed and she missed the second flight, then had to rent a car. Wednesday, Mike, Paula, and Vickie went to the mall and Ellen and I took care of adorable Vivian and fabulous great-grand, Joel--no chore, as they loved playing together; they're first cousins once-removed. Thursday, had a fabulous day: a great 70th birthday party with family and friends in the afternoon, with even more fun that evening when Alison and her Mike joined the rest of the family. Lots of gifts, including a birthstone pendant; all our kids arranged to have my twin sister receive the same gift! Even better is a "Mimi Memories" book with pieces by almost everybody I care for. Yesterday, we met Alison, Ellen, and Joely at "The Giggleberry Factory" in Lahaska, Pa (in the driving rain), and the kids had a ball. Ate dinner at The Cock 'n' Bull, and went home in a driving rain. Paula wants to vacuum in here, so more later.
Okay, later: Talked to my twin briefly on our birthday and just now, Ellen came in. Mike and Paula are on their way to the mall to get an engraved gift for their nanny, Vickie, who will leave them in October (will elaborate in a later entry). They'll also stop and get a turkey, as Acme was all out of Butterballs and that's the only one I want. Vivian is in for a nap; Pat, Ellen, and Vickie are having lunch; and I'm about to stroll three doors down to Anne Mary's and drop off her birthday present (yes, she was a Christmas baby even more than Betty and I were.) Ellen and I are going to the movies at Shore Mall, 4:25 showing of "The Departed," so that brings everybody up to date, more or less. Not sure when I'll get around to writing later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sure that you are having the time of you life with all your family home for the holidays (and your birthday, too).
Enjoy each and every moment to the fullest.
I hope that I have the pleasure of meeting all of your family members some day soon. In the meatime, I will keep posted on all your activities via your blog and email.
Happy Holidays to ALL!!

Mimi said...

Thanks, my friend! Also, thanks so much for your contribuation to my "memory book." I read every word everybody wrote and laughed and cried over them. Yes, someday, you'll meet my family. In the meantime, Merry, Merry Christmas to you, Bob, Suzanne, and Kitty.

iloveac said...

Thanks Rosemary for the update...I've checked everyday and fantasized the excitement. I, too, hope someday to meet your family, but I do know your twin and she, too is a super lady.
I heard some folks were disappointed in the ending of 'The departed'. Let me know what you think.
Off to make some cookies.
Merry Christmas to everybody.

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...