Thursday, July 23, 2026

WEDNESDAY

Lunch with Kathie and LaVearne, then little* Julie sat down with us. Keith came, as usual, later and sat with others. Lunch, shrimp scampi, was good and so, of course, was the conversation. After, Kathie asked if I wanted to see two apartments near her on the third floor. These have recently been redone and the doors were open. One is a studio, but laid out better and more spacious than just a large room. The other is a two bedroom, two bath. I don't really like that layout, but it has wonderful views of the mountains.

Went to dime Bingo at 1:30 and won one. Back to my place at 3:30 and busied myself with looking at items to sell at the flea market. 

I want to send niece Carolyn a letter my twin sister had sent me seventy years ago when I stayed in Florida after visiting Pat, my later-to-be husband. I didn't want to send the original, so typed it on the laptop and will send a copy of that. It contains the reactions of family and friends--how strange to re-read it after so many years later. 

Dinner with Kathie, LaVerne, and Bea. It was spaghetti with meatballs and marinara sauce containing mushrooms and spinach--really good. After, as usual, I went back to my place and settled in for the niight. 

Ellen and Greg are to come about 4:00 today to put my new desk chair together; maybe we'll go to dinner after.

*Julie is probably about 4'10" and is of Filipino descent. 

No comments:

WEDNESDAY

Lunch with Kathie and LaVearne, then little* Julie sat down with us. Keith came, as usual, later and sat with others. Lunch, shrimp scampi, ...