Sunday, December 31, 2006

Alison e-mailed that she and Mike will be here about 10:30 to take back the crib to the rental place on LBI; they'll then run down there. I hope Mike will take a look at the kitchen faucet, which started to leak the day before yesterday. It'll be awkward to have that malfunctioning tomorrow when we host the first segment of the progressive dinner.
Now I have to get on the stick and clean up the house* for company, plus buy stuff like plates and cups. Also must see what I have that I'll contribute myself. Gotta put beer in the refrig and get more soda, and so on. I'll ask A. and M. to put the guest room back the way it was. Still not sure if I'll switch back the loveseat and chair in the living room.
*"Clean up the house" may sound quick and easy, but it includes scrubbing the bathroom, dusting, mopping the floor and scouring the Corian countertops in the kitchen (sticky from cookie icing, etc.), re-making the twin beds in the guestroom, and vacumning throughout--not quick and easy.
Whine, whine, I love to whine--oh, poor me...ha-ha, it's okay; we're having a party and that will be fun!

No comments:

Tuesday

Sent a welcome e-mail to my new tenants, mother and daughter, Laura and Prudence. I must remember to check to see if I need to send anything...