Monday, December 04, 2006

I called twin sister Betty yesterday morning and we had a nice long chat. Wish we could be together for our mutual birthday--2 1/2 weeks, aagh!--but with 3000 miles between us, that can't be.
Generally practiced the domestic arts yesterday (I need a lot of practice), doing wash, tidying up, and cooking. I made pea soup in the crockpot, "dump" soup on the stove, and herbed chicken in the oven. Served Pat a bowl of pea (UGH! this blog gets more and more risque), had the dump myself (all these scatological references--disgusting) and froze the rest. It now occurred to me that I want to have more soup with a sandwich with lunch, so why did I freeze it? Ran down to Manahawkin to put up a few things at the dollar store, but mostly stayed close to home.
Had a nice chat with California daughter, Ellen, during our usual Sunday call. She'll be in on the 19th, the day after the Singapore contingent.
Decided I do want to have a few people in for my birthday on the 21st for lunch, then have family only for dinner. Either we'll go out or order in and I really want it very informal. (Yeah, like I usually wear a ball gown on my birthday.)
Got a fun Atlantic City web site from friend Pat McH. R. and spent a pleasant half hour exploring it. Will continue to enjoy it and will send to my sibs. The Hotel Morton, where Pat and I had our wedding reception 48 long years ago, was pictured, among many other landmarks.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...