Thursday, April 11, 2024

Wednesday

Happy day! Early on, I contacted Monica in the Little Egg Zoning Office and was told that all my documents were received, as well as my check and the mercantile license was issued. I immediately sent it to agent Kim and and she prompty wrote back that she'll send some kind of something or other for the code thing today and I fervently hope that's the end of it.

Susan, my longtime former neighbor, returned my call of the other day and we had a long, satisfying talk. I caught up with Sunrise Bay doings and filled her in on my new tenants, who will be her across-the-street neighbors.

Left for town about 11:00 and was there in plenty of time to stop in a few shops before meeting Sally at Dargan's. She was early and so was I, a good omen to begin with. We than proceeded to talk for a solid three hours. We have so much in common--but differences, too, which makes life interesting. She is 74,  was born in Fairlawn, N.J. and moved to California in her early twenties before she was married. She lives very near the beach in Oxnard; has owned the house for years and it most be worth a pretty penny now.Has an adopted son (her first husband's child) and two daughters, as well as a granddaughter. Son is either an ophthalmologist or optometrist (can't remember which) with a successful practice up north. Both daughters have horses, which they board at a rance up in the hills. I learned lots more about her and she about me, but I won't recount it here.   

Sally has had breast cancer and several other serious conditions, but so far, so good. As I mentioned before, she is serious;y overweight and we talked a lot about my 72-pound loss in Jersey when I was in WW and my 52-pound loss here. More important, we discussed keeping it off.

Anyway, it was a neat day and we'll surely do it again. After we parted--to car and bus--I stopped in a few stores, then bused home and got in close to 5:00.  Meeting Diane for what we call our "Lib Lunch" (lunch next to the Hill Street branch of the library) at noon and I'm looking forward to that. What I'm not looking forward to is T.O.P.S. tomorrow because I've over-indulged myself this week--naughty me!

No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...