Wednesday, April 24, 2024

The Nightmare Named Verizon

Tuesday, April 23:

This is just a memo for myself, in case I ever have to deal with that company from hell again: In October, 2023, after calling Verizon four times to ask for a shipping label so I could return their "box," I gave up and stowed it under my bed. Then, two days ago, I got a call that I owed them money because I hadn't return it. Called Verison yesterday and here's the saga: 

 I called at 9:15 am and was on the phone for one hour and seven minutes. Gave all the info--the saga of the "box," plus all my personal data and was told I'd be transferred to another department. Was, and the whole thing happened again; had to repeat my problem and data. Was transferred and did all a third time, then simply was sent to the original line! I kept getting asked for my account number and they could not grasp there is no account; I just wanted to send the damn box back. Finally got Justin in Fraud and after another long conversation, he put me on hold for a LONG time, then came back on to say all was okay, I wasn't liable for anything, and he was sending me to "Service" to fill me in on steps to take.  There, I talked to George, who said he couldn't do anything without an account number--AAGH! Well, what about pin number? What pin number??? So I was just screwed around. George said the only solution was to physically go to "corporate Verizon." By that he meant this retail store down the street from the mall. It's on Mill Street, so that meant I had to bus there, then walk roughly a mile to Verizon, then walk back to bus to town. I did so, stated my case to the manager, Rizo, and he went in the back and in fifteen or so, came back out with two sheets of paper. One, I'm to take to Fed Ex to mail the box back, the other is a copy for me, plus a confirmation number. I'll do that today.

Justin talk confirmation: 888-483-7200

George "call I.D.": 284-475-033

Rizo: for tracking number, call 1-800-922-0204 

Note: See previous entry for the day-to-day saga.

Wednesday, April 24:

Walked the mile and some to FedEx--I thought. I've shipped things there before, but when I got there, I discovered I was mistaken about the company--it was UPS and the label was for FedEx--damn. But wait, there was another FedEx at the WinCo shopping center, so I caught the 11 bus to the transit center and from there, took the 11 going the opposite way. Crossed Telephone Road and found...another UPS! After mentally cursing myself and Verizon and UPS and FedEx and the universe, I again took the 11 to the transit center then the 21 home. I had left at 10:00 and arrived home at 2:18, so had spent more than four hours and still have the Verizon box! It got worser and worser: Looked it up when I got home and found there's a FedEx in the Office Depot shopping center, which is just a short distance from where I had been. So I STILL have the box; I fear it's an albatross that, like the ancient mariner, I'm doomed to have it around my neck for good!


No comments:

Saturday

Instead of taking my usual sandwich when I meet Diane for lib lunch, I made a salad. Walked over the footbridge, dropped the book off at the...