Wednesday, April 03, 2024

Tuesday

Showered, dressed, and breakfasted (as Betty would react to that announcement: "big whoops!"), then sat down to order my OTC items. I had $122.00 left and, in truth, it took me a while to choose, as I really don't use that much OTC and the selection is limited. Anyway, my stuff should be arriving shortly.

Later, I had an unusual experience. My appointment at HEAR-USA was at 1:00 and I had scheduled SCAN/Uber to take me there (I usually go somewhere after, so bus home). Got the text that the driver was on his way, waited out front, he didn't come, I called (they text you the driver's phone number) and he insisted he was already there. A long, infuriating conversation ensued with him insisting he was in the parking lot, which he wasn't, and finally, after we shouted at each other--and he was getting more and more upset--I told him I wasn't going to get in a car with him, so buzz off. This was complicated by the fact that I could understand almost nothing of what he said--he must be a recent arrivee. Anyway, I immediately called the transportation person and after a lot of talk, found the driver was told to go to Ventura Del Sol--which was sold five years ago and became SO-FI apartments. Also, the GPS sent the drivers to Berkshire Avenue, not Telegraph Road for some weird reason. Anyway, it was a big, fat mess and I bused to my appointment. I was almost an hour late, but luckily, Amanda wasn't busy, I got fitted with the new hearing aid (the jury's still out on that), and I was finished in a half-hour...

...well, finished with the ears, but I had gotten up with a sore right eye. Miramar is right next door to HEAR/USA, so I took a chance, stopped in, and asked if a doctor could just recommend an OTC eye drop. Well, of course, not, I had to see a doc, so they fit me in.  I didn't get out of there for almost two hours, but I was grateful they took me at all. Yes, I have a infection and doc gave me an RX, 

Walked back to the transit center and stopped at Target for plant milk and veggie straws, then bused home, stopping at CVS to get the drops, which I'll use four times a day. Have a follow-up appointment with Dr. Carter in two weeks. 

Today, Primary Medical to see P.A. Natalie and get referred to the dermatologist. Damn, I'm sick of this medical stuff. 

No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...