Friday, April 19, 2024

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house passed inspection and all systems are go--yay! Also, I got a nice message from Lori, my new tenant. I hope to get to know her and her mother better after they move in.

After breakfast, I walked to the bank to get a cashier's check for what I owe Kim for various things I would have paid directly. That was an annoying hassle, but it was issued. I then walked to The Market for parm cheese and berries; incidentally, the place is going out of business, as Bed, Bath & Beyond did, and so many others. What does that suggest? From there, I bused to the mall and Target to return one of the bathroom rugs and get a larger one, plus buy another towel. 

I had prepared an envelope to send the check to Kim and dropped it in the mailbox before I got home. That wasn't until 2:30, so I had a late lunch; embracing my wild ways, I ate with Netflix, then took an hour's nap. I was awakened by the phone. It was the teller at BOA to inform me that the cashier's check "didn't go through" because of a "glitch in the system." What?!  Now I have to walk back there today to pick up a new check and send it to Kim.  

Called Ellen and found she's been having problems with arthritis in her knee and took the day off yesterday for an x-ray. She's now working on report cards, but seemed in good spirits.

T.O.P.S. today, so late breakfast--oh, woe is me. However, after a few glitches in the sleep department, too, I've been sleeping well. Hmm...maybe things aren't so murky, after all.

No comments:

Julie picked me up at 9:15 and we went to the BCNN meeting. The program. by the owner of Otto & Sons Nursery in Fillmore, was on growing...