Saturday, April 20, 2024

Friday

Weight: stayed the same at home (125.4) and at T.O.P.S. was up an inconsequential .06 to 125.4. Maria brought a guest and we had a fairly interesting session. I volunteered to do the next one program. As usual, I didn't get breakfast until 10:30, then set out on my errands, practically duplicating my Thursday treks. Walked to the bank and spent an hour there, first getting the new cashier's check for Kim. Believe me, I was pretty vocal about my annoyance. Also got a cashier's check to send Cliff in Florida, to refund his and Susan's security deposit for renting my house. Went from there to Wal-Mart for a few things, then bused to the Post Office to send off the checks--Cliff's by certified mail. Walked home, had lunch--again at 2:30 while watching T.V.  Did some minor chores then got my beer and glass and stepped next door to Suzanne's for our long-delayed Happy Hour.  

Vickie got a good report from her cardiologist and the cancer seems to be at bay, but she's having a flareup of her arthritis. Her right side is bothering her a lot and she's limping. It's ironic and sad that Vickie's only in her sixties--Suzanne late seventies, yours truly a decade over that, and Vickie's the one with the serious health problems. 

I had a terrible time in the sleep department. Awoke at 1:30 for the usual and couldn't fall back for more than an hour, I think. 

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

Darn, I forgot to record that on Tuesday, while I was walking past Trader Joe's, I heard somebody behind me say, "Wow, what a looker!" That was a pivotal line of mine in the last show I was in, After All This Time and when I turned around, there was dear Alphonse, one of my favorite guys from Fractured Actors:

We hugged and caught up with each other's doings. He told me that he and Lindsay--they started going together during the last show--are going to Disneyland next week. They're both vegan and so healthy, I'm in awe. (Of course, they're younger than my grandson.) BTW, Lindsey, a physical therapist, is at least three inches taller than Alphonse: 
I think I mentioned before I think that's healthy. Why should men have to be taller than their wives or girlfriends, anyway? I think it often makes both short men and tall women feel inadequate or unattractive. Makes no sense at all.

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rosemary,
I believe it’s mostly because thru the ages males have always been larger, taller than females. Society tends to prefer the norm (of the Bell curve, that is). To be happy it’s best if we adapt to the cards we’re dealt via our genes. Same reason why 60s 70s and 80 year olds age differently….many factors at play but genes are a big part.
BTW, Alphonse is very good looking. If he likes older, taller women tell him I’m in.

/P from AC

Mimi said...

Yes, and they evolved that way because being larger and stronger meant they were better able to survive what nature threw them. As for Alphonse--he's a sweetie, all right. He's a terrific actor, too--has been in some commercials and several indy films.

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...