Sunday, April 07, 2024

Saturday

Yesterday, I climbed out of my doldrums to some extent. Overall, it was a semi-sweet day that included a trip down to the shoreline to see a particular house. That was all when it came to excursions, but it was enjoyable on a gorgeous sunny day.  It's amazing how changeable the weather is here: At six am, it was 39 degrees--brrr!--but in the afternoon, it was in the seventies. Luckily, the wind had died down....(You can be pretty sure when I start writing about the weather, I have little else of interest to say.)

Oh, but here something fascinating: When I got home and had dried my tears, I blanched, seasoned, and roasted the cauliflower I had bought the other day. I had no mayo, so used Miracle Whip, which isn't nearly as good. Think I'll reserve that for sandwiches and buy mayo.

Another food-related bulletin: Jim and I are going to the potluck at Dudley House on Tuesday and I couldn't decide what to take. I've already done Irish creme, crystal pickles, banana bread, cranberry meatballs, and lots of other dishes. I don't feel like making anything elaborate, so maybe I'll just settle for  snickerdoodles or simply bring a bottle of wine.  

Looked over my spiel for Dudley House, which I'm doing today. Called the Access Van to get there and Lynne will take me home. 

Ellen called in the evening  just to say hello and we had a good, long talk. Lots of changes going on in her life, prominently her retirement in less than three months--yay!


 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I’m a Mayo girl myself and it’s gotta be Hellmans. They started purchasing another brand here and it isn’t as good. Rich preferred Miracle Whip which I could not understand.

/iloveAC

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...