Monday, April 29, 2024

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daughter.  at 1:00. El wI actually missed the bus to Ojai that got in at noon (that's a long story there's no need to repeat), but got thereas there to pick me up and we went to the new Ojai Noodle House. A Vietnamese restaurant with a twist it opened less than a year ago and we both enjoyed it immensely.

We then went right down the street to Ellen's and I watched (I should be ashamed of myself) as she cleaned the outdoor furniture while we talked and talked. The gardeners had done a great job with the outside and the inside was immaculate, thanks to El. She reorganized a few things and I particularly like her setup with this oriental group: 

                                           

She acquired those beautiful chests from Mike and Paula years ago. It's actually two pieces which can be used separately or together, as it is here.

As for El's professional life--only seven weeks until she retires from third grade! Her colleagues are giving her a party on May eighth and I'm invited--can't wait. Of course, I'll also be with her on the twelfth, Mother's Day, and will sleep over the night before. Somebody with a sense of humor had made her a "counting the days" paper chain and she removes one every day. Here she is pointing that out: 


Later, we played gin rummy and Ellen creamed me, as the saying goes They were her cards and I'm suspicious--I think she set them up! Good thing we weren't playing for money. 😁

We waited outside for the Access Van to take me home and El pointed out an odd plant growing on her property. It's very tall, probably six feet or more, and looks like something out of Jack and the Beanstalk. I took a picture and try to get somebody to identify it. That's just the sun that makes some of the leaves look pale; actually, they're all deep green:
I was out of my usual routine and was full from lunch, so I ate some pasta salad to which I added the last of my lima beans. I then found my absolute favorite movie of all time: 
I watched the entire thing and didn't get to bed until the ungodly hour of 10 pm! I even watched the credits and was stunned--and I remain stunned--to find it was made fifty years ago! The mind reels...

* For various reasons, I actually missed the bus to Ojai that got in at noon and reacted badly, but that's a long story there's no need to repeat. My attitude wasn't helped when I got a call from Susan, my former neighbor in Little Egg, to tell me my sprinkler system at the house was on. After contact with agent Kim, it turned out okay, as the sprinklers are on a timer. Hey, compared to the general course of my lucky life, things like that are just insignificant. I need to remember that.

No comments:

Tuesday

Diane and I had planned to eat outside on the hospital veranda, but it was unpleasantly cool, so we decided on the Vietnamese restaurant at ...