Monday, April 08, 2024

Sunday

So I did the usual Sunday things, then jumped in the shower, washed my hair, and prepared for my Dudley House docent duties. Also, I was alerted by Facebook that Hedda Gabler took place ten years ago! I appeared as the aunt and here I am in everyday clothing (!) and in mourning: 


Here's the full cast--boy, that was a great group:
I doubt very much if I could successfully memorize that much dialogue today, let alone the nuances, blocking, and so on. 

As long a I'm into show-bizzy stuff, here's some info related to my "performance" of yesterday. The Access Van dropped me off right at 1:00, Other docents and I chatted until people came in. Lynne did the first batch (downstairs only; Stacy does upstairs), then I did my turn with downstairs. I led three groups and the tours went well; I had to glance at my notes only a few times. 

Here are a few pics of the Dudley House venue. On the lawn, some ladies and gentlemen--including the sheriff and his deputy--were playing croquet: 
The front hall:
(I think the "safety strips" on the stairs are an abomination. Good grief, nobody could mistake those steps for a flat surface!)
Parlour and dining room. 

Lynne and one of the old cars that were displayed outside.

Dudley House is open only from 1:00 to 4:00, but Lynne and others had to close up and I helped. Lynne took me home and I didn't get in until after 5:00, but that was okay.

I'm in my good sleep phase, I'm happy to say, and didn't get up until 5:30.  One of our little social sessions at Suzanne's this evening, and I'm looking forward to catching up with the virgins.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I’m impressed with the ‘costumes’ you put together for your various roles. You are very creative and it adds so much to the character. I’m too lazy to do all that.
I agree about those steps….they should be left alone.
BTW, since you’re the only non virgin at today’s social you can tell them what they have missed, but maybe they haven’t…LOL.

/PMR

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...