Sunday, April 14, 2024

Saturday

Noreen called and we again switched our lunch date, as she had forgotten a commitment she had on Wednesday. Now we'll get together next Wednesday, the 23rd, instead. Suzanne rang my bell to bring me two avocados from Mike upstairs. These have  to soften, but then Mike himself brought me two that were ready to eat. I sliced one and added it to the luncheon table for Jim and me. I had made a sort of half-bought, half-made beef stew, combining a few things with frozen vegetables. With the avocado and baked apples for dessert, it made an okay meal. Naturally, it was to be accompanied by wine for him and ale for me..

Hold up, Mimi! What do you mean, it "was to be"?  Because Jim didn't show, that's why. He always comes at 12:30 and when it got to be 12:45, I called him. No answer. Called him again at 1:00. Nothing. Now I was concerned. I've been having him over for lunch for five or more years now (for a long time, it was weekly) and he's almost never been late, let alone that late. If it hadn't been raining, I would have taken the bus over there and knocked on his door. 

Happily, he called at 2:30 to say he had forgotten to put it on his calendar. Since we went to the potluck on Tuesday, I assumed he had done that. He apologized and said he had been "with a friend." I was glad to hear that, and wasn't upset over the mixup, just relieved. In fact, I had done it myself a few days. I forgot to note here that I had thought our social hour at Suzanne's was the day before yesterday, but it's not until the 19th. 

Susan R. and I just exchanged texts and the upshot is, her daughter and SIL are taking the baby to a Dodger game and I'll walk there for dinner at 5:00.    

No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...