Sunday, April 21, 2024

Saturday

About 10:30, I once again bused to Target at the mall. I had decided to add two whites to the towels I bought before; did so and just bused back without stopping anywhere else. Lunched while watching something or other on the telly (my new routine, I guess), then took a short nap. 

I was awakened by my nutty neighbor (luckily in another building), Lorraine, calling to tell me about an even nuttier one, Michelle (in Lorraine's building) and her grievances with management. (Since management has to deal with both of them, I sympathize with management.) Do I have a sign on my back saying "crazy people, here's your soulmate" or what?  I'm complaining here, but actually, I find both of them amusing--I just don't want to get too chummy. 

Refreshed by my nap, I took my cart and walked over to Von's for various, including the biggest apples I've ever seen--so large I bought only four. I'll season and bake them today and have them for dessert tomorrow, as I'm having Jim over for lunch. I called him last night, taken aback, as ever, by his manner when he answers the phone. As he always does, he sounded as if he had just awakened--vague, hesitant, and bewildered. In a way, I guess that's accurate, as he had been reading, so he was in another state of being. We chatted a bit and I'll see him at 12:30. 

No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...