Sunday, October 01, 2023

Saturday

Suzanne came over about 10:00 to discuss her interaction with her friend, Joyce, who's in a board and care facility in Fillmore. Joyce has Alzheimer's, and becomes worried and upset often; she's especially bothered by her inability to remember words. Suzanne asked if I could tell her what ways I try to ease Betty's worries. However, at this point, Betty doesn't show any signs of stress or worry at all. Unlike her real self, she has become very passive. Aside from an often incomprehensible comment now and again, she remains essentially silent. I suggested to Suzanne that she bring some kind of picture book and "discuss" them with Joyce: "look at this, didn't you have a bedspread like that? Was it the same color?" and so on. Anyway, we had a good talk and both enjoyed it.

After that, I packed my lunch, took my cart, and bused to down.  Earlier, I had thought of calling Stella to see if she was free to meet, but decided to ask about today, Sunday, instead. I strolled around a bit and stopped in a few shops, but didn't buy anything. Bused back to the mall, went to Trader Joe's and got two nice grapefruit (very soon, I'll be turning yellow) and a gigantic spaghetti squash. 

I laboriously pierced the squash and roasted it in the oven. Good grief, it made enough to feed an army! Well, I'll eat it over a few days. Had some for dinner, along with the lentil stew I just made, and the cauliflower. 

Yoicks, the coming week is getting filled: called Stella and will, indeed, meet her for lunch today, Sunday, after twelve o'clock mass at the mission. Monday, I have the monthly Soaring Spirits lunch, Tuesday, I go to Diane's for her birthday, Wednesday? Julie called; finally back from Europe (she was gone six weeks), she'll pick me up for the BCNN meeting, then she, Bridget, and I will go to The Raven for lunch. Thursday, Jim and I have lunch at The Townehouse. Well, damn, guess I'll just be twiddling my thumbs on Friday.  

No comments:

Monday

Washed sheets, changed the bed, showered and washed my hair before breakfast. Ate, then fussed around with this and that. I paid the water b...