Sunday, October 15, 2023

Saturday And The Sun Thing

Dealt with BMO Bank in the morning, pursuing the $55.00 they owe me. I'll go back to the fray tomorrow.  I'm having a problem with my (new as of May) printer, too. Will also defer and call Canon tomorrow.

Packed my lunch and walked to Wal-Mart for facial scrub, shoe laces, and coffee. While there, I saw an adorable little tee shirt--orange, with a "Boo" motif--and had to get it for my Tokyo ten-year-old. It's an adult size, but now I'm not so sure it will fit--he's growing  by leaps and bounds, but I'll send it.

After Wal-Mart, it was next door to Trader Joe's for two of their great grapefruits (try saying that three times fast). Also got a nice butternut squash; I think Joe's has the best produce around.

Went from there across the street to the tables and benches surrounding the big fountain to have lunch. I had called Ellen earlier and she called me back. We proceeded to talk for, I think, an hour and a half and covered a lot of ground, including Catholicism, new agey topics, and the fact that she's harboring a cold-blooded killer. (No, not Greg--Gwennie!) I asked if she'd take me to GoodWill to drop off some donations. I often go myself with my cart, but I can't carry much at one time and I really want to get rid of some things. She said she'd come after work on Tuesday and pick me up about six. That's the day I'm meeting Bernice at Hill Street Cafe that day, but that's for lunch, so I'll be home after. 

I was pleased when Mike video-messaged me last night and doubly pleased to chat with Violet, too, before she went off to meet a friend. She's now on a two-week "fall break." It's remarkable how much time they get off: It's three weeks for Christmas and there's some other hiatus, as well. As Mike mentioned, it would make more sense to have shorter breaks and get out for the summer sooner. However, since it's an international school (I can't remember exactly how many, but more than a hundred nationalities are represented), I guess people want to go back to wherever at times.

Ellen took the following "moon shadow" pictures from yesterday's eclipse which, incidentally, I totally missed. Since I don't watch what passes for news on T.V., I didn't even know it had occurred. It was probably in the Ventura Star, also, but I  missed that, too.


 


No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...