Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Monday

As I headed toward the gate to walk to Wal-Mart. I ran into Vickie and she walked me part way. I asked if she wanted to go to Red with Diane and me on the fourth and she accepted with pleasure. She volunteered to drive and YAY; both Diane and I are so appreciative. 

Today, Diane and I had planned to go to Killers of the Flower Moon, but things got screwed up and we have to postpone. Called her and we'll look at next week instead. Tomorrow, I have the audiologist and Thursday, my haircut in the morning, then the BCNN dinner at night. Tentatively, Lora and I will take Julie to lunch on Friday.  

Donated to the softball team fund drive of great-niece, Amelia (Betty's 12-year-old granddaughter in Chicago), and will get in return a box of cheddar popcorn for a total of only $29.82 (talk about your awkward sentence!).

Ellen came after work at 4:30 and we loaded my stuff in her car to take to GoodWill. Did so--and I'll take the value off my income tax, as I've done many times before. It always gives me a virtuous, goody-girl feeling to do so. After all, I buy things at thrift stores, use them, then donate many of them back for others to use. This is a whole helluva lot better then having manufacturers churn out new stuff to clutter up the environment--not to mention easier on the pocketbook.  El and I went to Jasmine Thai for dinner after and had a good mother/daughter convivial time. 

Agonized Note: AAGH! I had a terrible time this morning re-upping this computer. I had been advised to shut it down, did so last night, then when I tried to start it, it kept refusing--or whatever. Anyway, it's up now, but whew...
Photo Gallery
I put Skampy the Skelton out front, along with some other seasonal items. Will I give treats to the kiddies this year? I think I will; I like seeing them.

 From the Facebook page of my nephew, Patrick Byrne, chair of the Cleveland Clinic's Head and Neck Institute (otolaryngology): 

Patrick: Huge thanks and a welcome to Tiki Barber! Many of you know that a few years ago I worked with a group of engineers at Johns Hopkins to create a device to treat nasal obstruction. The device and our company is called Hale. We are so excited that Hale now has a celebrity sponsor. @tiki.barber was one of my favorite running backs and people in the NFL. He loves the device and supports fitness and wellness technologies.

No comments:

Monday

Washed sheets, changed the bed, showered and washed my hair before breakfast. Ate, then fussed around with this and that. I paid the water b...