Friday, October 13, 2023

Thursday And Virtuous Mimi

I'm so goody-goody: Aside from a quick trip to Von's, I stayed in all day and got done what needed to be done: 

a. Printed out my Blue Shield of California brochure. They're leaving California and I'll take it to the info meetings on other insurance at the Black Bear Diner on the 28th. Made a reservation; 

b. Revised my business cards ("Acting for Amateurs") changing the wording to add Fractured Actors info.; ordered new from Vista Print. I must say, they're one of the most courteous, helpful, and knowledgeable of all the outfits I deal with ("with which I deal," that is--HA!). Here's the old one, front and back: 

I also changed the picture, figuring it was about time:
Of course, this is the one with the wrinkles smoothed out by Photo Restoration. 

c. Gathered a lot of the T.O.P.S./weight loss material, including my original program quiz and program material, most of which I had printed out. Called Noreen to see if she wants it. She does and she'll call me back to arrange for lunch; 

d. Called Primary Medical for an appointment with the endocrinologist only to find I already have one for January;

e.  Went back and forth between Bank of America and SO-FI Bank to set up a transfer system between the two. I have most of my income automatically depositing at BOA, but I opened a smallish account at the other and want to be able to move funds, as needed:

f. Arranged with Diane for our excursion today to the wine and music affair at The Townehouse. I'll bus there, she'll take the Access Van, and we'll both take it home. She suggested we bring dinner and eat on the grounds after the hour-long gathering. Great idea, so that's what we'll do. 

g. Bernice, my new friend from BCNN, called to see if I could go to lunch (is the pope...? does a bear...?) and we'll go on Tuesday to Hill Street Cafe. Good, I want to get to know her better.*

h. Went over to Von's for spinach and cauliflower. Just have a hankerin' for scrambled eggs with veggies, so will make that for dinner tonight or tomorrow;

i. Dusted and otherwise titled up the bedroom--not really a deep clean, but it's an improvement.

😀😀😀😀😀

As for late afternoon, I spent it in L.A.--with Jack Nicholson, Faye Dunaway, and Chinatown. Watching any kind a media in the daytime is the height of decadence, it seems to me (oh, get off your high horse, Mimi!), but this is one of my favorite movies of all time and I greatly enjoyed it. It's included in my large collection of DVDs (I know that's old-hat technology) and the fact that this June will mark its  FIFTIETH year is simply mind-boggling. But yes: It was released on June 20, 1974, the day before my sixteenth wedding anniversary. 

*Hmm... next week is shaping up, lunch-wise. Besides Bernice on Tuesday, I have Soaring Spirits and dinner on Monday, and the Dudley House Covered Dish with Jim on Wednesday. 

Note to myself: I somehow overpaid SCE and have a credit balance of $24.33--big whoops, as we kids used to say.

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...