Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Tuesday

Talk about food prep: For a change, I had nothing planned for yesterday, so I spent several hours on that chore, which I find pleasing. I now have a fridge filled with veggies I washed, cut, chopped, or shredded, seasoned, and roasted They include carrots, spinach, tomatoes, onions, and apples, which join the two squashes--butternut and spaghetti, plus cauliflower. Something tells me I'll be eating vegan for the next several meals.  

Called Primary Medical to ask why I hadn't heard back with the referral for p.t.; was told the approval was coming--yeah, so is Christmas. Today, I have the audiologist appointment. What a bore and I don't know if I want to get into the hearing aid thing yet, but I'll see what they have to say. 

Walked over to Nails D'Elegance and got a pedicure. It was done by "Lily"--Vietnamese, of course, and she had a harrowing story about when she and her family left Vietnam thirty-two years ago. They were held up in Thailand for three days under terrible conditions, but then flew out. I liked her and will request her when I go again.

Saw Lorraine in her usual place in the middle garden/pool area and we chatted for half and hour or so. The more I think I want to move to a bigger place--I'd kill for another room--the more I remember that I have good neighbors here and what could be more convenient? Right across the street I can get groceries at Von's, have medications sent to CVS, get my hair cut and my nails done, all without driving, taking a bus, or working up a sweat. It's something to consider.  

Financial Corner: 1.) Got a notice that my mortgage is going up by $980.04 per year, so what gives? I called Maureen at Groendyke and she said all the insurance companies have raised their rates; property tax also went up However, it's less than ninety a month additional, I can take it off my income tax, my home's value has risen, too, and I'm not hurting for money, so I'm okay with it.

2.) I finally worked up the courage to Message nephew, Wes, asking if he had gotten my wedding present in August, a gift card from Amazon. I had emailed to his law office, it was a fairly substantial gift, and I hadn't heard. I wanted to be sure it didn't go astray and some low life was partying with it. Yes, thank Zeus, he got it--apologized, saying he gets so much from Amazon, he had just overlooked it. Okay, one more thing checked off my "things to worry about" list. 

No comments:

Monday

Washed sheets, changed the bed, showered and washed my hair before breakfast. Ate, then fussed around with this and that. I paid the water b...