Sunday, October 29, 2023

Saturday

It was a fun day. I left at 11:00, and walked to Telephone, intending to bus to the Regency Theatre for Killers of the Flower Moon.  However, the bus wouldn't be along for 19 minutes, so I just walked the three miles. It was wonderfully warm--but not too warm--and there was no wind.

Met Diane there at noon and she had terrific news. There was a film company doing a scene at the theatre and she was included in the background outside. This is a very small outfit and, when the people started packing up, we fell into conversation. A guy named Patrick was the director and we chatted with him. He actually knows several people in Fractured Actors and, incredibly, had seen me in Welcome Home in the Roadhouse production four years ago! We also talked to the camera person, a neat young guy named Caleb Colon. 

Killers of the Flower Moon we both thought was terrific, notwithstanding its three hours-plus length. Robert De Niro was just superb and so was Leonardo DiCaprio. Now I think I'll order the true-story book from which the movie was adapted.   

I'm writing this at 8:00 pm on Saturday and am debating with myself whether to ask Jim for lunch or not. I haven't been in touch with him lately and feel a little guilty about that. But do I want to subject myself to a Jim lunch? Tune in tomorrow--that is, today, Sunday-- to find out. 😒

Big reveal: It's now 5:46 on Sunday morning and no, I didn't call Jim. I've had so much scheduled lately, I just decided to have a free day, damnit. Maybe I'll call him today...

Or maybe not.

1 comment:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
I totally understand. You've done more for him than most people would. No need to feel guilt. Call him when you want to do so...NOT because you should. The Navajo Indians didn't have a word for should...they believed you either did something or you didn't. I always liked that. Take care of YOU first.

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...