Sunday, October 08, 2023

Saturday

I spent the morning fighting with Amazon about an erroneous charge of $39.67 that appeared on-line on my debit account. I think I won.

Walked over the footbridge to Diane's and my lunch place behind the library. We each brought our lunches, of course, and she provided the beer. She wanted my opinion on it--good, I said, although I prefer a citrus IPA. We proceeded to talk and talk and talk, until 3:30, in fact, when we said goodbye. I then walked the mile and a half to Wal-Mart for Drano, dryer balls, and a few other things. From there,I visited Trader Joe's and got two of their big grapefruits, plus a huge apple. I'm getting more and more enamoured with Trader Joe's--I fine their produce vastly superior to Von's and, in many cases, their prices are on a par or even lower. 

After dinner, I was pleased to get a Message video call from Mike. He had been cycling around the reservoir, a lovely wooded area with a broad walking and bike path around it. He also mentioned the monkeys that inhabit the area and actually had some bananas with him. AAGH--I just saw a piece about a woman who had her face torn off by a pet monkey!  🙊

For dinner, I finally finished the spaghetti squash and the barley. Boiled up most of the rest of the chicken liver, but still have enough for one meal. That means I've had the same thing three nights in a row, but that's okay once in a while.  

💥💥💥💥💥

Show-Bizzy Note:  I looked up Harvey's partner, Nancee Borgnine (I'm not sure if she's his life partner or just business partner, but they're the "sales and marketing team.") I added what's on the site that references her:

--Though having worked in senior living previously and now being given the opportunity to be a part of the team at the Townehouse, Nancee’s early career was a bit different from most. She grew up in the entertainment industry as the daughter of Academy Award-winning actor, Ernest Borgnine. Initially, she followed the family business and became a theatrical agent, film producer, and PR/marketing executive for a gifting suites company that catered to the various awards shows.--

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...