Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Monday

Did a bunch more clearing out and putting together for GoodWill. Finally got (on the phone) to BMO Bank and convinced them they owe me $55, so they'll send me a check. Had a small problem with my printer and remedied that. 

Called Muckie and we had one of our marathon conversations--this time almost two hours. How I enjoy talking to her and how much I hope to be able to do so for--well, however long it may be. She talked about how her SEVENTIETH class reunion (HSHS 1953) is coming up; Those left--and the group is dwindling--are looking for Geraldine Ferrari; it seems nobody has heard from her for some time.

I couldn't decide what to bring to the Dudley House potluck tomorrow; wanted something not too complicated or too hard to transport.  I was tempted to make a pie, but finally opted for snickerdoodles. Everybody likes them and after, I'll insist that Jim bring the leftovers home, so I won't be tempted. Looked over my baking supplies and found I had no cream of tarter and was low on sugar, so went over to Von's to get them.

Spent time watching more of the Dugger show. Bizarre? You bet. 

My nephew, Jim, who's medical director of three hospitals in northern California, texted me to ask if my brother, Jim, had flown a plane for the CIA. What? No. He then sent me a podcast actually created by the CIA. Why would anyone want to listen to that? And why was he? Hmm...think I'll look into this further.

Bused to the B & N Shopping Center for the Soaring Spirits dinner. On the way, my  cousin, Sally, from San Diego, called and we talked for half an hour or so. Went to Stone Fire Grille and, as ever, enjoyed being with this group. Vera and I had a good, heart-to-heart about various family matters; she's one of my favorite people and I'm so glad to know her. As ever, she drove me home and I was in by 7:30.

Lunch with Bernice today.

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...