Wednesday, October 04, 2023

Tuesday And Two Gals Confiding

Walked over the footbridge to Telephone Road and got the 11 bus to Petit Avenue. Stopped at Grocery Outlet to pick up a gift card for Diane, then proceeded to her place for her birthday at noon. She served a good chicken/rice/sauce dish, plus, of course, white wine: I provided the slice of lemon loaf from Starbucks. I only bought one for her, as I'm not tempted by sugar as I used to be.  

We talked and talked and talked over an enormous variety of topics, including our families (her two boys, plus grandchildren), childhoods (we're both old-time Catholic, she from Chicago), the Bill/Lily McBeth gender change (she wondered if he kept his genitalia), and high school friends who may or may not have continued to cling to religion, and a lot more.  Anyway, it was greatly enjoyable and I didn't leave until 4:00.

Got home and did my daily balance exercises and put in a color wash. Had a pick-up dinner of the last of the lentil stew, spaghetti squash, and mushrooms;  watched my hour of Suits; and was in bed by 9:30.  Julie will be picking me up in a few hours for the BCNN meeting and we'll go to lunch after that. Tomorrow, Jim and I lunch at The Townehouse and Friday, there's T.O.P.S. Strangely for me, I'm looking forward to a day when I have nothing to do! 

I don't know why that "draw a symbol here" doesn't come off!

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...