Saturday, October 07, 2023

Friday

Weight? Not great. I went to 129 at home, for a gain of 1.2 and to 129.9 at T.O.P.S. for the same gain. I'm sure that had nothing to do with the fact that I've eaten out the entire week and today will be no exception: I'm meeting Diane in back of the library. Of course, we'll bring our own, so I can curtail the calories (but the question is, will I?). 

After, I ran into Vickie on the way to my building and she invited me in for a bit. We chatted--mostly about her new mattress, which she had to return not once, but twice, for defects, although she paid fifteen hundred for it. At noon, Suzanne and I went off the Cafe Nouveau and where has that been all my life?

We sat outside, but not in just an ordinary patio. This was beautifully treed, so was nicely shaded on the hot, hot day and lattice work made tables and eating areas semi-private. The food? Superb. I had a turkey other things sandwich, but on a delicious semi-soft roll, plus an excellent IPA called Raging Bitch from the Flying Dog Brewery in Maryland. Oh, mama, so good. Of course, the cost was what one used to pay for dinner, but that's gotten to be a given--thirty bucks in my case.

Home after and I took a short nap, as I hadn't slept well. After that, I didn't do a lot else, aside was sweep the patio and clean up the kitchen a bit. In truth, I felt a little down most of the day; not sure why.

I got a text from Lisa, my fellow cast member in the last show. She asked if I'd like to go to Red (see info following). I had already intended  to and suggested we see if others in our play, After All This Time, might want to get up a group and go together.   

Fractured Actors is presenting the play, Red, in November, which features one of my favorites, Ben Wilson, the full-figure on the left. I've appeared on stage with him three times, first playing his grandmother-in-law in Welcome Home four years ago. Incidentally, the play has nothing to do with Communism, Russia, or anything else political, according to Wikipedia--title may be misleading. 

Actually, it seems to have to do with an artist who--I don't know, likes the color red or something. Can't wait to see it and be back with my tribe!

No comments:

Monday

Washed sheets, changed the bed, showered and washed my hair before breakfast. Ate, then fussed around with this and that. I paid the water b...