Thursday, October 26, 2023

Wednesday

Did a color wash, then a me wash--showered, that is--preparing for my trip to the audiologist. I was feeling pretty glum about it. It just seemed dreary--now, in addition to glasses and the balance thing, would I have to be fiddling with a hearing aid, too? At least, I didn't have to take the Access Van; HEAR/USA is right next to Miramar Eye.

Got there early and was greeted by Amanda, who seems to be the receptionist, the audiologist, and general factotum. In any event, she proved to be bright, cheery, and courteous and I perked up. The hearing test (soundproof booth, ear phones, press the button when you hear the tones, repeat the words, etc.) was actually kind of fun. After, Amada gave me the lowdown: Yes, I have some difficulty in hearing high tones, i.e., women's voices, and so on, but not deep ones, such a men's voices and dog barks (damn, I wouldn't miss that). She indicated that the loss was fairly mild and that I should "think about" a hearing aid, when it gets to be more profound. And the cost? Four thousand bucks. Oh, give me a break, I'll look further. From there, I bused to the mall and got three huge and beautiful grapefruit at, of all places, Target.

Finally, at long last, BMO sent me a check for the $55.00 they owed me. I'll try to remember how to deposit it electronically, but can't decide which of three banks to put it in; maybe I'll just cash it; I use the debit card for almost everything, but like to have some cash around. They also sent me a bill for a whopping forty-nine cents (don't even ask), but I paid that last week. 

Lora, Julie, and I texted back and forth and decided on our date to take Julie to lunch for her birthday. That's tomorrow, but we'll go on Monday. I'm getting my hair cut today at 10:30 and Julie will pick me up for the BCNN dinner tonight; will see Lora at tomorrow at T.O.P.S.

No comments:

Monday

Washed sheets, changed the bed, showered and washed my hair before breakfast. Ate, then fussed around with this and that. I paid the water b...