Saturday, September 30, 2023

Friday

Weight: I lost a tad in both venues: at home, I went to 127.8, for .06 down,  at T.O.P.S. to 128.7, for .07 down. Big whoops, as the kids used to say.  As for the meeting, Lennie was off to Idaho again and we contented ourselves with the bare minimum of the regular kind. After that, we had our usual therapy session, including how we coped with stress as young adults--pot, booze, or in my case, forcing all my fears and worries and crushing doubts and feelings of inadequacy into a metal box with a lock so strong, I'm still trying to pry it open and deal with them. Didn't get breakfast until 10:30. 

Heard from Diane and she wants me to go to her place to celebrate her birthday, which is on Tuesday. I had to change Jim's and my lunch at The Townehouse to Thursday, but that was okay. She said she has plenty of food and wine, so I guess that means she'll provide lunch. I must think of what to get her for her birthday. 

Breakfast late, as always on Fridays, then I did--well, something or other, but can't remember what. Had a light lunch, showered, dressed, and went out to wait for the Access Van. It got here and I got to Rolling Oaks Radiology for my 2:15 appointment. This was just a routine Dexa-Scan and I didn't even take off my clothes. Walked to the WinCo shopping center, but then it occurred to me I really don't need anything, but just bused home.

Ellen called on her way home from work and we had a good talk. She's preparing for her company from Austria after a very busy--read "hectic"--week at school. But after thirty plus years, it's the last time for some of this stuff, then she retires--YAY!  😄

In the freezer, I found cooked and seasoned barley I had made a month or so ago. I had some with veggies for dinner and it was so good. It occurred to me the birds might like it, too, so I put some out for them. Not sure if they found it yet.

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...