Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Monday

Called Miramar and, after a lot of back and forth between two different offices which I don't want to go into, I have an appointment with Dr. Trotter for Thursday in Ventura. 

Texted Diane. She got back to me to say she's still in the hospital. I told Vickie; said I'd try calling D. this evening. I did, but there was no answer. 

Person at The Palms called back to give me info on that facility. Nice, but I think out of Jim's price range. Called The Townehouse, got information on that, too. Actually, it's possible--but maybe a long shot--he could afford their studio. After all, the cost includes three squares a day and other amenities. Also, he and I have been there over the years for their music Fridays and maybe it would suit him. The sales rep, Harvey, invited Jim and me to come for lunch and see the place. I called Jim and, of course--am I surprised?--he doesn't know what his income is.  In addition, he's confused about whether the person from Agency on Aging has called him to set up a visit, or not. I doubt it, so told him to hold tight until he's contacted. As for The Townehouse, he may or may not want to visit.

Just putzed around with this and that before I thought I had to get out. Left about 3:30 and walked to Telephone, so at least I got a mile and a half in. Thought I'd go to the mall, so took the 11 bus there, but then realized I don't need anything, so I just bused home. 

I had jut walked in when niece Carolyn called and we had good, long, heart-to-heart. C. said she took a photo album in to show her Mom and Betty didn't recognize her, any of her three boys, or me. Oddly, the one person she could name was our mother. Maybe that isn't so odd; maybe later memories drift away before earlier ones do. 

Vickie called after dinner to ask again about Diane; I'll keep her informed. Stella also called for the same. Called Diane, but there was no answer.  Called Noreen and we chatted--also made a date for lunch at Dargan's today. 

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...