Thursday, September 14, 2023

Wednesday

Did a quick color wash, then got ready to meet Noreen at Peirano's for lunch. I was early, so stopped in a few shops and bought myself a kind of light shaw; I figure I'll take it when Diane and I go to the theatre on Sunday. When Noreen got there, we discovered that Paradise Pantry was open and we went there, instead, as we both like it better than Periano's. We both had their grilled turkey pesto sandwich, which we always do  and we promised ourselves we'd get something different next time. Anyway, it was enjoyable, as it always is with Noreen.

Got the 10 bus home and stopped first at CVS to get my RLS medication, then at Von's for grapefruit. I'm going to WinCo this morning with Suzanne, but their grapefruit has been smaller and I like the big ones. However, Trader Joe's has better ones and--wonders will never cease--they're less expensive there.

Home, I looked to see what ingredients I need for the cookies I decided to make for party on Saturday. Have some, but must get more flour and butter, plus chocolate chips. Did a few more kitchen chores, then sat down here to feed my second addiction (the first? grapefruit), which is a game called "Block Champ." I'll get over it. 

Here's the Bonaventure mission at night. To the right, not in the picture is Pirano's, where Noreen and I had lunch yesterday. On either side are the areas where I often sit when I bring my lunch to town. Every once in awhile, I appreciate my lovely life.  


No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...