Thursday, September 28, 2023

Wednesday

Finally got the filing taken care of, along with a few other business-related chores. Packed lunch, took my cart, and walked down Victoria, first to The Market, then Trader Joe's, then ate at the mini-park on Ralston Avenue. I was there when Stella called; she had just gotten out of the doctor's (she has a collapsed, relapsed, or relaxed--prolapsed?--uterus, and it's infected). As usual, she wanted to know if I was in town and could have meet her for lunch right away. Why in the world she never sets things up even a day ahead is beyond me, as I was miles away. 

By the time I got home, it was almost 3:00 and I tackled clearing at least one part of the full-wall bedroom closet and set several things aside to donate to GoodWill. Finalized the "RentCafe" setup, through which I'll pay my rental and utilities every month. 

Called Jim to ask if he had yet heard from the Agency on Aging, but he hadn't. I also asked if he had made up his mind about going to The Townehouse (independent living) for lunch and to see what they have. He said he would like to go, so we settled on next Tuesday. Hmm..that's October third and I think it's Diane's 81st birthday. I'll offer to take her out for lunch and if she accepts, we'll have to change the date for The Townehouse. I also asked Jim if he wanted to go to the Dudley House Covered Dish on October 18th. I've taken him to this annual (sometime bi-annual) affair for the past five years or so and I was alarmed when he first didn't remember that. He did later, though; he wants to go and thanked me for asking.

My tenant, Susan, texted me that the dryer has conked out.  She's such a sweetie, she said she was sorry about it. Hell, it's been repaired before and if I have to get a new one, I will. I told her I'd call Admiral first thing in the morning. Actually, I have the eye doctor appointment at 9:15; will try to call before that. I'm having the Access Van pick me up and take me there, but will bus home. 

Here's another fab pic of my hometown that somebody put on Facebook--the moon over Ventnor bay:

                                                   


No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...