Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Tuesday

Spent time on boring financial stuff, then took my cart and walked to Diane's and my meeting place next to the Hill Street Cafe. I noticed something interesting as I walked up: Right next door to the restaurant is a branch of the library, which is called Hill Road Library. Why one is "Street" and the other "Road," I don't know.

Diane and I had our usual enjoyable time with talk, including the political: the steady diet of propaganda we're fed, our crimes in Ukraine, and the pretty evident slide of the U.S. into something like cutthroat fascism. This was interspersed with more agreeable topics, such as our attendance on Sunday at the Santa Paula theatre. Show starts at 2:30, so we'll ask the Access Van to get us there at 1:30 and bring our lunches to eat outside.

We visited for two hours and change, then Diane left and I stopped into the library. I sat and read Carrie Fisher's Wishful Drinking, then took it out. I read it a few years ago, but want to again. It's one of the few celebrity bios that doesn't contain large dollops of beautiful bullshit.

Note to myself for reference:  I was amazed to see on my debit card a payment to Experian for $24.99. Called them and according to them, I had signed up for something or other. I don't have any recollection of that and why would I, anyway? My credit rating is 813, which Experian itself calls "exceptional." I talked them into giving me a refund.

Impulsively, I made a date for next week with a real estate agent to see a condo on Woodwind Street in Thille Park. I already told the agent I was just browsing, and I don't think I want to sell my house in NJ,  anyway, but thought I'd investigate. 

Suzanne texted to see if I wanted to go to WinCo tomorrow and I will--decided to make chocolate chip cookies for the party on Saturday, so need the ingredients. Called Primary Medical for RLS refill. I'm pretty sure I got one before, but I can't find it. I'm meeting Noreen for lunch today n town at Peirano's, so will stop at CVS on the way home to pick it up.

1 comment:

iloveac said...

I read Carrie Fisher’s book also and felt the same way.

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...