Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Tuesday

I spent time in the morning finding, printing, and assembling the email documents concerning the last time SO-FI decided to try to extract more money from me. Walked over for my 2:00 appointment with Jasmine with the load of papers. The new assistant, Judah (a very nice young man, by the way) said Jasmine had stepped out, but would be back soon; he texted her that I was there. I sat and waited. And waited. At 2:15, I wouldn't wait any longer and left. At 2:30, Judah called to tell me Jasmine would be back about 3:00 and would contact me. The hell with this, I thought, and got my cart and bused to town. I'm topping this entry off at 4:54 am on Wednesday and I still haven't heard from Jasmine with an explanation, an apology, a drop dead, or anything else. 

Yesterday, I also spoke with people at the Agency On Aging, Adult General Services, and the Ventura Ombudsman for the Aging, calling, of course, about Jim. I won't go into detail, but I ended up with the "Officer of the Day" at Adult Services and had a good conversation. I suggested a representative visit Jim in his home, assess his needs, and we'll go from there. Have to call back today to discuss this further. I'll then call Jim and we'll see how this works out.  

I went to the mall to get shoe laces--but Target had only thick black ones in the men's shoe department, so I guess I'll have to go to Wal-Mart. I had intended to stop at the midtown Trader Joe's at the mall for grapefruit (scared to death I'll run out), but checked Target and lo and behold, they had big, beautiful ones and what's more, they were even less expensive than the Trader Joe's near me! Here's how the vendors stack up:

Von's: small, only about the size of a big oranges and $1.79 each;

 Trader Joe's: big and beautiful and $1.49 each;

Target: just as big and beautiful, and $1,29 each.

Damn, if I keep looking, maybe the next place will have big, beautiful ones for $1.19 each! I also bought a six-can pack of Blue Moon for literally half of what Von's charges.

Home, I prepared a marinade for the nice fresh salmon I bought Monday, then roasted it after marinating in the fridge. Also made up my usual spinach/olive oil/vinegar/garlic and had a yummy dinner.  

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...