Tuesday, September 05, 2023

Monday

Suzanne stopped in to give me some nice little cherry tomatoes from her patio. Stayed to chat for a bit and told me that her brother, a physician in San Diego, just had a knee replacement last week. He refused to stay even overnight in the hospital, said he had all the necessities at home, so is recuperating there. When I asked why he preferred it that way, Suzanne said he's too aware of the possibility of picking up a virus or other contagious item in the hospital. Food for thought...

As it was Labor Day and there was no bus service, Vera picked me up for the Soaring Spirits lunch at Stone Fire Grille. Besides us, there were just three--Susan, Gaye, and Renee, all of whom I've known for several years now and whom I like a lot. We had good, convivial talk and a fine time. 

Home, I started looking again for the toiletry items I had moved when the boys were here that still can't unearth. It's just incredible as to where they could be. Took a nap, then did some things so important and interesting I can't remember what they were.

Another pic from the party. I sat with Mandy and her partner, Andy, the other couple at the table being Sandy and her husband. Yes, incredibly, it was Mandy, Andy, and Sandy--we got a kick out of that. Mandy is a voice actor; she's done some commercials, but this was her first stage production--hard to believe, as she's so good. Here she is with her paper plate award between Emma and Mateo, both  also terrifically talented: 

In the background from left are Christine, Shannon, and Erica, plus Christine's 8-year-old, Jaxson. I'm going to miss all these guys, but not the eleven pm and later getting-home time. 
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Note: I forgot to mention that, the other day, I realized I hadn't talked to Muckie for some time. I called her and was sorry to hear she had been in the hospital, then rehab with an illness unrelated to her cancer. It wasn't COVID, but some kind flu-like problem and it took a lot out of her. As for the cancer, at her last look-see, the doctor said it was stable, so that's good. 

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...