Thursday, February 10, 2022

Wednesday

I slept very poorly Tuesday into Wednesday and got out of bed before 5:00. Had breakfast, left for the bus about 9:30, boarded the Ojai bus at the transit center, and got to My Home Kitchen about 10:45. I was greeted by the presenter, Scott, and shown a seat. There were only seven in the group--held in a private room and when had lunch, then listened to the cremation program. 

For myself, I had always rejected the idea of cremation (a hangover from the Church's former forbidding of the practice?), after listening to what Scott had to say, I'm actually reconsidering. I already have Pat's and my almost-completed tombstone in the cemetery, of course. The only item to be done later--much later, I fervently hope--is the date of my demise. Anyway, I'm going to look further into the ins and outs.

Stella dropped me off at home, as she was on her way to a rental house she owns nearby. On the way, I invited her to come for lunch on Saturday. I assume Jim will be there--that's been our habit--and I'll have birthday cake left over for dessert.    

Shortly after I got home, I impulsively popped one of the cannabis gummies into the mouth and chewed it. I have no idea what the effect was or was supposed to be because I didn't feel much of anything. Ellen had warned me that it increased the appetite and maybe yes, that was evident. I actually sat down and had a number of crackers with butter and peanut butter. After that, I lay down and took a nap of about three hours. I had had so  little sleep, I needed it badly. Watched my usual hour of a movie (Spielberg's 2001 A.I. Artificial Intelligence) Happily, I slept well last night and just got up at 5:30.

I submitted the previously mentioned photo to the Restoration and Colorization, etc. Facebook page and one of the artists did this:

I like it, but wish the color could be a little more vibrant.


No comments:

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...