Tuesday, February 08, 2022

Monday

AAGH! The Internet was down again this morning (Tuesday), so I couldn't post this until 9:30! This time, it was the fault of Yandoo Communications and may they rot in...well, you know...

 So Monday: I finally made myself send the "I'm raising your rent" (by $75 a month) email to my tenants, going with son, Mike's, version.  I then walked to the P.O. to mail off some Valentine treats and cards to the boys in Bordentown. On my way back, I impulsively stopped into Great Clips and got my hair trimmed. I always ask for Maria because she seems to do it the way I want it.

Since my pal, Pat, had mentioned she likes to do virtual Jigsaw puzzles, I remembered that I do, too. I had sort of forgotten about them, but revved up the Ventura Museum page and enjoyed working out a fairly difficult one. It was an old-fashioned lacy valentine, but I finished it. Tried to copy, so I could post  here, but it didn't seem to work. 

Had lunch, then Suzanne stopped in to tell me that Vickie had--finally--gotten Mary in a nursing home in Santa Paula. She, Vickie, had a cat scan yesterday, re the breast cancer. I fervently hope the result was good. I'll call Vickie tonight to get the news.

Julie came about 1:30 and we loaded my donations in her car, then drove to Goodwill. That's another thing off my mind and I'm glad to get the stuff out of my bedroom. Also, of course, I'll take the value of it off my income tax. Julie dropped me off and I didn't even go home, but immediately walked to the bus and rode to town. While there--I bought some little wooden hearts that I need like a hole in the head--I got an email back from Susan, my tenant, saying they will accept the rent raise and most likely, won't be moving until August. Fine by me and I'm very relieved. 



No comments:

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...