Monday, February 21, 2022

Sunday And That Lousy Excuse For An Internet Service

As I mentioned yesterday, I slept until 6:30 and how very good that was. I felt great when I got up and even didn't resent having to wait a half hour for my coffee (because of my weekly bone health pill).

The crossword was absorbing and I got all but two. Prepared for my luncheon guest by tidying up a bit and setting he table with my new placemats and cloth napkins. I whipped the heavy cream and stowed it in the fridge, then got the casserole out of the freezer and cooked it on the stove in a large pan. 

Jim came at his usual 12:30 and we sat on the couch to chat while the food was being warmed up. I showed him some pictures and the information surrounding my quest to find children of my childhood, Elizabeth "Whizzie" Eaton. Jim was intrigued by the fact that I was able to trace one of the daughters, who now lives in Florida. We then repaired to the kitchen/dining table for lunch.

As I knew he would, he greatly enjoyed the main dish, as well as the homemade applesauce and wheat bread that accompanied it. The chocolate cream pie? He had two large helpings and, later, I sent some home with him. We then returned to the sofa and he questioned me about the people finder thing, renewing our passports, and my income tax accountant. 

I asked Jim to take my picture with my phone, but boy, it turned out bad and I'll ask Suzanne to do it after I fix my hair better. I took Jim's picture, but have to figure out how to get it to the approved size. I then took him to the bedroom (wow, does that sound provocative, but never in a million years) and on the laptop went to White Pages, Verified, and other people search sites. Came up with some of his info, but I didn't recall which site I had paid for, so will have to look it up today.

Jim was here until almost 5:00, when I walked him out to the car. I then texted Suzanne to see if she wanted to come over after dinner for pie. She did, she came, and we had a good time talking while devouring the chocolate cream. After she left, I wrapped up the small piece that was left, put the whipped cream in a container, and stowed both in the freezer.

A nice day, actually, and a lot better than Sundays often are. 

NOTE: Finally, now, at 10:38 am, that lousy excuse for an Internet provider, Yandoo MIS-Communications, is up and running--for how long, who knows? I'm wondering yet again if I should switch to Spectrum or even if I can switch to Spectrum. (Mumble, mumble, son-of-a-sailor, ugh, ugh, and aagh...)


2 comments:

Pat said...

Thanks for the note Rosemary I was getting concerned. Hope this time is magic.

Mimi said...

Thanks, my friend.

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...