Sunday, February 06, 2022

Saturday

It was quite a pleasant day. I called niece Carolyn and we had a good talk, with a few tears mixed in. I'll go see Betty one of these days, but for obvious reasons, I'm not really looking forward to it.  

With Jim coming, I decided to skip sandwiches in favor of a hot meal for lunch. I had some Voila pasta/chicken/vegetables in the freezer, so I cooked that and put out some crystal pickles and whole wheat bread. Jim liked it a lot and had two helpings with, of course, his usual red. For dessert, I gave him what I've been serving the last several times he was here: lemon cake topped with vanilla yogurt and blueberries. We both had small glasses of cream sherry as a kind of top-off.

After, we sat on the couch and chatted. I mentioned the two daily crossword puzzles from the Ventura Star. The one from the NYTimes gets progressively more difficult as the week goes on and I usually skip Thursday through Saturday.  The second is always annoyingly simple and I do that every day. I also gave Jim a small book of crosswords I had bought in town. I told him I find them too easy and he proceeded to quiz me with the clues for about an hour. I missed only a few and it was fun. He stayed until 4:00 and I walked him out.

The tangerines from Carolyn Mooney:

Medical note: I just took my first alendronate sodium tablet and am counting the seconds until I can get my coffee, which is banned for a half hour after.   


 


No comments:

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...