Saturday, February 05, 2022

Friday

My Internet connection being down when I got up (ha--I was up, it was down) at 6:00, I spent about 45 minutes on the phone with Yandoo Communications, who belong in hell with Bank of America. It still wasn't resolved when I left for T.O.P.S., but was when I got home.  

As usual, my weight was a puzzle. At home, I was 125.2, for a loss of 2.6 pounds. At T.O.P.S., I was 126.2, for a loss of .04. I don't get it, but I'm okay with it, as it's within my 125 to 130 comfort zone.

Julie picked me up and besides us, only Lennie and Bobbi were there. (Sharon had called me to say she had a problem.) Because S. was supposed to do the program, I brought my 56-year-old Weight Watchers book (pub. 1966) and read some excerpts. All were amused. I brought the new membership list I had put on a spread sheet and asked members to see if okay. I had a few minor mistakes on it, so will do it over. We were surprised and pleased to see Carolyn Mooney come in. She had been in my Acting for Amateurs group and was a longtime member of T.O.P.S., but hadn't attended since COVID developed. She brought tangerines from her own tree and I happily took several. 

Didn't get home until 10:30. Had breakfast, then moved some of the décor in the living room. I had planned to walk to Wal-Mart, but the wind was so strong, I decided to wait. 

My children responded to my letter to my tenants about raising the rent. Son Mike reworded it a bit and I like his version; think I'll send it. 

Went to Von's and coming back, ran into David, who also lives here. We chatted for fifteen or so about our various real estate experiences. David owns three houses in Georgia, just sold another, and said he has had one tenant for ten years. He has never raised the rent on her, but his was just upped here by $148 a month, so he's probably going to do that. 

Said goodbye to David and as I was coming in the door, Suzanne walked up and invited me in for our "social hour" (but I never stay more than half) and of course, I accepted. Sat in her lovely, flower-bedecked patio, and had a good chat. Got home and Ellen called; we made a date for tomorrow to have lunch at Sea Fresh in Ojai. 

Ellen called as she was driving home from work and we made a date for tomorrow for lunch--happy day, I haven't seen her for more than a month. I called Jim after dinner and we had a long talk. Naturally, I invited him for lunch today and naturally, he'll be here. 

Medical note: My new medication, alendronate sodium, came in the mail. Good grief, there are pages of closely-typed warnings, counterindications, and who-knows-what. It's for osteoporosis and is to be taken only once a week.  You're supposed to take it on an empty stomach and not eat for a half-hour after. I'm going to ask the doc if I can have coffee, though. 

No comments:

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...