Monday, February 07, 2022

Me, Tea, And Marijuana

Did the Sunday thing; crossword was pretty good--challenging, but I got all but two. In fear and trembling, I took my first tablet of alendronate calcium, waited the thirty minutes, and didn't have any problem. Let's hope that continues to be the case when I continue the weekly dose.

I left about 10:10 to bus to the transit center, much too early, of course. I had looked at the schedule and knew the bus for Ojai from the center didn't leave until 11:00, but I can't seem to prevent my paranoia about being late. Anyway, I had about a twenty-minute wait, but got the 16 at the scheduled time. Got to Ojai in forty-five or so and Ellen picked me up at Von's shopping center. Freshened up at her house, then we left for Sea Fresh and lunch. It was pretty busy--all of Ojai was busy with vacationers and so on--but we were seated right away outside on the patio. It was a beautiful day--in the upper seventies and the sun was brilliant.

We both had tacos--El fish, I shrimp mango--and iced tea and "805" (local beer named for the area code) respectively. Had a leisurely lunch and a good time talking, then drove our next stop, Magic Hour, which is a Japanese tea shop. Ellen likes tea, I don't, but we were both given brewed samples and she bought two exotic flavors. They came in charming little gift bags (that should have been rimmed in gold, as they were so pricey). We then drove a few blocks to...

...a marijuana dispensary! I had never been there and have been curious about it. The "cigarette" Ellen gave me several years ago--really, marijuana oil in a tube that you "smoke"--simply had no effect on me. El takes CBD oil, which helps her arthritis and also uses "gummies" just for a lift. I've been wanting to try the latter and I bought a tin of Camino Gummies. Not sure when I'll take the first one, but I'm looking forward to the adventure.

Back to El's and I sat out and relaxed while she trimmed her roses. Stayed for another hour, then she took me to the bus after a lovely day with my dear girl. Didn't get home until almost six and had a quick vegan dinner of turnips and acorn squash. 

Today, Julie's coming to take me to Goodwill so I can donate the crapola I've gathered. I could probably add several bushels more. 

No comments:

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...