Wednesday, February 02, 2022

Tuesday

I finally got around to something I've been meaning to do for months: I called my old friend, Nancy and we had a good, long talk. She still does not go out. At all. She's been vaccinated and boostered, but she does have some frailties, so I guess it's understandable. How it's livable, though, is beyond me.  

I want to call Stella, too--she'll meet for lunch--but oddly, her number isn't in my phone. I thought all in the old phone had transferred over, but I guess not. Incredibly, I can't remember her last name, either. (I know her late husband's name was Arthur--I met Stella at Soaring Spirits, the widow and widower club.) Messaged co-leader Susan to see if she could provide it. 

I then bused to the mall and Ross to get the containers I wanted. As for the set of two glass casseroles--it was gone! I went to ask about it and was told they don't keep stock! Great consternation and gnashing of teeth! That's what I get for deciding to wait for the Tuesday ten percent off thing--AAGH! 

It then occurred to me how stupid it was to even give it a passing thought; I just bought a different set and they're perfectly fine. Stopped at Target, also at the mall for five pounds of apples and a big navel orange. When I got home, I cleaned and quartered them and set them to simmer in the slow cooker. I love homemade apple sauce.

Lunch, then I walked over the footpath to the little lending library in the park. It's been a long time since I visited, but they didn't have much I wanted; I took one book and left two, plus seven DVDs. Walked home, so I got three in, which was good.



No comments:

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...