Sunday, February 13, 2022

Saturday, Jim, And Sophia

 Nice day. I just fooled around a bit on the laptop until I started getting ready for my lunch guests. Actually, though, it was "guest," as Stella and I called back and forth as to whether she was able to come.  She had to be home for a Zoom memorial meeting with her nieces--I think her brother-in-law had died.  As it turned, she didn't get here.

Jim had been awaiting a call and asked if he could come at 1:00 instead of his usual 12:30. Sure, as I don't usually eat until 1:00, anyway. He got here--I had made honey-roasted turkey breast sandwiches and a few sides, all of which he ate with gusto. As for the cake--he was in sugar heavy. He had a large piece, then asked for another. I have to admit it was damn good, somewhat compressed though it was. Of course, I cut him a generous slice to take home, too.

We moved to the couch,* where we talked for several hours.  Jim mentioned some restaurant or other in Oxnard--I just can't remember which--and I told him I'd take him there for his birthday in April. He stayed until 4:30, when I walked him out to the mailbox, and we said goodbye.

When I got to Suzanne's and my front walk, I saw that her door was open and she was waiting for me in the living room. She wanted to show me some bookmarks, and greeting and note cards that her friend had made and given her for her birthday. Very nice.

Cleaned up the kitchen and had just started the dishwasher when son Mike facetimed me. He's feeling much better after his COVID bout and will be out of isolation today. We talked for about twenty minutes --it was so good to see and hear him.

Annoyingly, it looks as if I've been hacked. People have been getting friend requests from my, who are already my Facebook friends. What a pain. 

This is the wine Suzanne selected just for me. Love it! 

Vickie had told me that she had been a drummer and I called Susan Geldart, my old neighbor, friend, and walking partner in Sunrise Bay, to tell her that. Why? Because her granddaughter, Sophia Ledbetter, 16, is a serious drummer--had been taking private lessons for several years now. Susan told me Sophia now dyes her hair black (she's a naturel light brown) and wears what I'd call a kind of Goth makeup. Intrigued, I looked her up and here's Sophia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMEyPexbSRA

What verve and energy--wow, she lights up the laptop!

*Oh, boy, does that sound provocative--but ha, never in a million years...


2 comments:

Pat said...

I bet her arms get tired. She's quite good. I'm not a fan of hard rock but she belts it out.

Pat said...

BTW, I prefer dense cake as opposed to light and fluffy so I would have loved your cake.

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...