Friday, February 04, 2022

Good News All Around!

Best News: My eye situation. Suzanne dropped me off at Miramar, for my 8:45 eye doctor appointment. I was worried about the macular degeneration and, cheery optimist that I am, was sure the doctor would try to prepare me for blindness. No such thing! Yes, the condition is there, but is slow growing, isn't the more serious type,  and calls for  no treatment at this time. Dr. R. did tell me I should get examined every six months and I promptly made an appointment for August. 

Walked from there to the branch of The Market nearby (not the one I usually go to) and picked up a few things. I didn't want to get much because I decided to walk to the transit center for the bus, which I did. I guess that totaled about two miles.

It was only 11:00 when I got in, so I got my cart and walked to Smart 'n' Final for broccoli, acorn squash, and another root vegetable. Why am I being so coy about the name? Because I'm not sure if it's an turnip, a parsnip, or something else. No matter, I'll roast it and am sure I'll like it.

Good News Two:  I finally steeled myself to call realtor Kim. I talked over with her raising my tenants' rent, but I won't ask for as much as my own raise here ($120 a month). Kim told me that in all of Ocean County there are only five rentals and all but a very small house are over what I want to charge. I wrote out an email for Susan and Cliff (tenants) and, after I submit it to my four advisors, will send. I then need to get a new lease for the change to month-to-month and have it signed.

More Good, Although Anybody Else Would Think It Idiotic: I cleaned the stove, including the burners and drip pans, all of which were pretty crummy, due to my enthusiasm for stir-frying. Hey, it was a chore, but it looks good and gave me a sense of--well, I cleaned the stove, ain't I great?

Goody, Goody, Good: Now let me see, what else was good news? Okay, I totaled five miles walking, which is always an upper, especially since I have T.O.P.S. today and will get weighed in.


No comments:

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...